Dandara Living is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK and the details of the registration are at the foot of this document.
Contents of this privacy notice
- Who controls your personal data?
- What personal data will we obtain from you, and how and when will we request it?
- Why do we obtain your personal data?
- Who will we share your personal data with?
- How do we ensure the security of your personal data?
- Access to, and amending, your personal data
- Amendments to this policy
- Comments and questions
1. Who controls your data?
Dandara Living is the “controller”. This means that Dandara Living will obtain and process your personal data in line with GDPR/Data Protection legislation in force in the jurisdiction in which it operates.
2. What personal data will we obtain from you, and how and when will we obtain it?
We may obtain information from you when you register on our website, contact us by phone, text or in writing, or when you visit our offices or developments. Information may also be passed to us by third parties if you have registered with them and expressed interest in our services.
The data we obtain will include some or all of the following:
- your full name (including title and any previous names);
- your date of birth (if there is an age qualification related to a development or lease);
- your address, postcode and country of residence;
- your contact details (email address and telephone number(s) etc)
- your employment status and history;
- your property rental or residence history;
- any adverse credit history you may have;
- our bank details
You will be asked to provide the above information at stages through the process of enquiring about leasing or leasing a property from us.
Some of our offices and developments are monitored by CCTV.
If you visit a Dandara website we may monitor the type of device you use, operating system and approximate location.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or may record calls from you and to you.
If applicable, in order to meet our legal requirements if leasing, or potentially leasing, a property from us, we may also collect and process the following additional personal data about you:
- internationally recognised photo ID (passport, driving license etc), utility bill(s), proof of identity, residence and/or age, and/or a bank or credit card statement;
- information that you submit in response to a survey(s) or poll;
- we may also ask for details of your financial arrangements to lease your property.
We reserve the right to conduct credit checks with third party credit and financial institutions in order to confirm any information that you have provided to us.
Where we need to collect personal data from you in order to fulfil a legal requirement or under the terms of a contract, if you fail or decline to provide the data, we may not be able to progress with the provision of the service or contract.
3. Why do we obtain your personal information?
3.1 We will obtain and process your personal data in order to:
- 3.1.1 provide you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes:
- 3.1.2 progress any property lease that may result from enquiries or contact;
- 3.1.3 provide support services including property maintenance, inspections and remedial works;
- 3.1.4 comply with our regulatory and legal obligations, including our ‘know your customer’ (KYC) and due diligence requirements;
- 3.1.5 reporting of crime or suspected crime, including money laundering or fraud.
4. What will we do with your personal data?
Disclosure to third parties
- 4.1 We will not disclose any personal information that you provide to us to third parties unless: (i) we have your consent; (ii) it is required or permitted by law, (iii) your agreement with us permits such disclosure; or (iv) it is in our legitimate interests to do so. This is explained more fully in clause 4.2 below.
- 4.2.1 third parties, for the purposes of verifying information that you provide to us.
- 4.2.2 to any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- 4.2.3 to any prospective seller or buyer of a company within the Dandara Group, or our business or assets (or part of them) in respect of the sale;
- 4.2.4 any property owner where Dandara Living acts as agent and provides lettings and/or property management services;
- 4.2.5 to a third party, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with them in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, reputation, security or safety of any company in the Dandara Group, our customers or others; this includes (but is not limited to) exchanging information with or providing information to third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- 4.2.6 to any law enforcement or revenue authorities (when requested by them to do so) and only to the extent necessary to adequately deal with the requests made;
- 4.2.7 to your bank or card scheme operator in order to verify the Card information or bank information that you provide to us and/or to recover payments made to you in error;
- 4.2.8 to any payment collection agency that we may decide to use in order to recover monies you owe to us; or
- 4.2.9 to any body or regulator to whom we have a duty to disclose such information.
- 4.2.10 To persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you, but such persons or organisations may only use the information to provide the product or service and not for any other purpose.
- 4.3 We may also use your email address or your postal address to send you updates or news regarding the Company or the services we provide, but you can choose to stop receiving emails or post of this nature at any time by contacting our lettings teams or the Data Protection Officer using the details in clause 6.2 below.
- 4.4 We do not sell or trade any of your personal information to third parties.
Transferring your personal data to other countries
- 4.5 In order to provide our services effectively, we may need to transfer data, including personal information, to other companies outside the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, UK or outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- 4.6 If we determine that it is necessary to transfer personal data in accordance with clause 4.5, we will only make such a transfer if we are satisfied that the recipient companies offer an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- 4.9 Data collected which does not progress to the creation of a lease will be retained for up to three years after the last contact we have with you.
- 4.10 Data related to a lease will be retained for up to 7 years following completion of the matter, unless we are required to retain it for a different period pursuant to our legal obligations.
5. How do we ensure the security of your personal data?
- 5.2 The Group will strive to invest in adequate security technologies and maintain strict information security policies designed to prevent unauthorised access to personal data by anyone, including the Group’s own staff. The need to ensure that data is kept securely means that precautions must be taken against physical loss or damage, and that both access and disclosure must be restricted. All staff are responsible for ensuring that any personal data which they hold is kept securely, and that personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or otherwise to any unauthorised third party. Staff having permitted access to personal data are specifically required to comply with the Group’s Information Security Policies.
6. Access to and amending and deleting your personal data
- 6.1 At any time, you can make a request to us to have access to the personal information that we hold about you. We may need you to provide identification in order to process your information request.
- 6.2 It is your responsibility to tell us when information that you have provided to us is out of date or needs to be amended, but we confirm that will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
- 6.3 You have the right to ask for the deletion of your personal data from our records (the ‘right to be forgotten’) unless it is necessary for us to perform our legal obligations or contractual obligations to you or another third party.
6.4 If you wish to be deleted from or ensure that details held are correct with and third party owned platform, such as a property portal you will need to contact them directly.
Third parties with whom we share data include, but may not be limited to:
- Van Midert – credit referencing www.vanmildert.net
- Experian – credit agency www.experian.co.uk
- Help the Move – aspects of move in / move out administration www.helpthemove.co.uk
- Inventory Hive – property inventory www.inventoryhive.co.uk
- PingLocker – concierge services https://www.pinglocker.com/en
We would encourage you to review the privacy policies on their websites.
- 6.5 For requests relating to access, amendments and deletion of data please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post at Dandara Group Head Office, Isle of Man Business Park, Cooil Road, Braddan, Isle of Man IM2 2SA or by telephoning 01624 693300.
8. Comments and questions
Dandara Living has the following registration:
Information Commissioner’s Office in UK